THE RUFFINO’S Restaurant STORY
What do you get when you combine the talents of a former LSU lineman and a New Orleans- born Italian chef? You get the energy, passion, and creativity that has produced Baton Rouge's only Italian-Creole fusion restaurant.
Passion. It’s the word that sums up the story of Ruffino’s Restaurant. You’ll see our passion as you enjoy your meal, your cocktail, or your wine. You’ll see it in our servers. You’ll see it running through Peter and Ruffin. Passion for the best local ingredients – you’ll find Peter making trips to New Orleans to purchase creole tomatoes from Mr. Gallo who has been selling creoles to Peter’s family for three generations. You’ll see it in their Louisiana Seafood and ingredients from the local farmer’s market.
You’ll find it in their private reserve wine “Passion” from St. Helena in the Napa Valley. You’ll find it everywhere in your experience here at Ruffino’s Restaurant. Enjoy your experience. We’re honored to be a part of it.
Check out Chef's Awards
- New Orleans Wine & Food Experience
- 3 Fleur de Lis Culinary Award Gold Medals
- 1 Fleur de Lis Culinary Award Silver Medal
- Sterling Silver Premium Meats “Top Chef” Award
- Two-time Louisiana Restaurant Association “Restauranteur of the Year”
- Louisiana Restaurant Association - Baton Rouge's Chef of the Year
- Louisiana Restaurant Association - Baton Rouge’s Marketer of the Year
- Herbie Award - Best Restaurant
- 225 Best of Baton Rouge - Best Restaurant
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
- Open Table Fine Dining Award
- UrbanSpoon Top Fine Dining Establishment
- James Beard House Visiting Chef